Best Chiropractic Treatment For Neuropathy/Peripheral Neuropathy In Surprise, AZ
- Numbness/Tingling in the feet or arms
- Burning in the feet/arms
- Varicose veins
- Swelling in the legs/arms
- Balance issues
- Skin discoloration, dryness, and peeling
- And more
This condition has multiple causes which can leave many patients suffering even when getting treatment. The most common causes are:
- As we have discussed with other conditions, having structural issues within the spine directly affects the nervous system. If you haven’t read our section on ABC Chiropractic make sure you go check that out first for a more in-depth explanation. The biggest issue that occurs for the average patient is the forward slumped posture over time. This forward posture is caused by bones of the spine getting stuck forward for a multitude of reasons. Anything from bending over incorrectly, the type of work you do, old injuries, car accidents, sitting too much, and more. Once bones get stuck forward you create the forward slumped posture commonly seen in most people. When you become chronically stuck forward and/or get injuries directly to the spine you build an internal scar-tissue that binds your spine together from the inside. This scar-tissue acts like a glue which causes a multitude of health issues.
- When you combine these two things together you end up creating a traction on the spinal cord (the nervous system) and the brainstem. This tractioning transfers down the entire nervous system and into the nerves that lead to the feet. This cuts off nerve communication which can lead to chronic pain disorders such as neuropathy.
- Type Two Diabetes/Blood Sugar Regulation Issues
- Now more common than ever is the connection between type two diabetes and neuropathy. One thing people have to understand is that type two diabetes is a completely curable disease naturally. Type two diabetes is caused by overconsumption of added sugars and artificial sweeteners. This leads to high blood sugar levels and chronic inflammatory conditions. The nerves of the body are directly damaged by high blood sugar levels and thus you get chronic pain disorders like neuropathy.
- Undiagnosed Plantar Fasciitis
- Many people who suffer from foot pain are told it is neuropathy because they have a diagnosis of type two diabetes. This leaves many patients with an incorrect diagnosis who in fact have plantar fasciitis, a completely different condition with different origins. You can go to our plantar fasciitis page and read all about it, but this condition has its cause directly in the structure of the foot.
Many patients with peripheral neuropathy also have diabetes. Diabetics have high blood sugar levels which creates acidity within the body. This acidity breaks down healthy tissues and causes health issues all over the body. Neuropathy has several parts:
- Lack of blood circulation in the legs/arms
- Lack of oxygen in the legs/arms
- Lack of neurological communication in the legs/arms
- The eventual death of nerves, muscles, and skin of the legs
This is the typical progression of peripheral neuropathy if it is not stopped. If you are looking for a neuropathy center “near me” in Surprise, AZ, our clinic specializes in the best, unique natural treatment protocol to address all the portions of peripheral neuropathy in legs and feet. After doing an incredibly in-depth analysis of the nerves in your arms and legs, and reviewing imaging of your spine we will create a customized protocol, including physical therapy, for your specific treatment needs for neuropathy in legs and feet. We employ a variety of small fiber neuropathy treatments and physical therapies that are targeted at addressing the root cause issues of peripheral neuropathy in the feet.
- Vibration therapy both standing and seated
- Oxygen therapy
- Decompression therapy
- Class IV laser therapy
- At home red light therapy
- Electrical stimulation therapy
- At home vibration therapy
- Nutritional intervention therapy
Our goal with this new treatment protocol for neuropathy is to first stop the progression of nerve death and then slowly but surely bring the nerves back to some level of health. With our small fiber peripheral neuropathy treatment, we are going to target improving your circulation, bringing more oxygen into your tissues, relieving the neurological burden from the spine and feet, and so much more.
It is this new and unique combination of natural treatment therapies that we employ that gives us such great results with our peripheral neuropathy patients and we are excited to offer it to you as well as your trusted neuropathy center in Surprise, AZ!