Chiropractic Treatment For Brain Fog In Surprise, AZ
This is a condition that is widespread with multitudes of people experiencing it daily but find they are unable to find the words to describe what they are feeling. Do you experience these symptoms?
- Forgetting people’s names/and/or calling them the wrong name?
- Forgetting what you are doing, or where objects are like keys, or wallets?
- Using incorrect words for objects/words. Example: Calling a ‘banana’ an ‘apple’, mixing up terms such as ‘left’ and ‘right’?
- Feeling drunk/dizzy/lightheaded randomly throughout the day or in certain positions?
- These are all signs that you may be experiencing brain fog. Like many conditions that patients present with there are multiple causes that lead people to having this issue.
- As we have discussed with other conditions, having structural issues within the spine directly affects the nervous system. If you haven’t read our section on ABC Chiropractic, make sure you go check that out first for a more in-depth explanation. But the biggest issue that occurs for the average person is the forward slumped posture over time. This forward posture is caused by the bones of the spine getting stuck forward for a multitude of reasons. Anything from bending over incorrectly, the type of work you do, old injuries, car accidents, sitting too much, and more. Once the bones get stuck forward it creates the stereotypical forward posture that we see in the average person. To compound the issue, when this becomes chronic and/or you get injuries directly to the spine you build an internal scar-tissue that binds your spine together from the inside. This scar tissue acts like a glue which causes a multitude of issues.
- When you combine these two problems together you end up creating a traction on the spinal cord (the nervous system) and the brainstem. This tension transfers throughout the entire nervous system. The result is having constant low-grade tension on the brainstem which leads to all kinds of symptoms, but especially brain fog.
- Nutritional Deficiencies/Anemias
- There are several different vitamins and minerals that can lead to brain fog. Most notably I find b-vitamin and iron deficiencies are the most common. When these vitamins and minerals are deficient, they lead to the two most common anemias. Anemia is a condition where the body is unable to produce enough red blood cells leading to numerous health issues. When the body is deficient in either b-vitamins or iron, the condition of anemia sets in.
- We will order lab work and quickly confirm if you have either of these deficiencies. If you do, we will provide you with the highest quality nutritional supplements to correct the problem and get you feeling better!
- Chemical Toxicities
- Today we live in a world that is full of damaging chemical exposure. Everything from car emissions, food additives, pesticides, herbicides, water additives, aluminum in your deodorant, flame retardants on your furniture and clothes, etc, etc! All major diseases are on the rise and it is no coincidence that the more toxic the world becomes the higher the disease rates go. When the body holds on to these chemicals it can create an assortment of problems. Brain fog is one of these issues. When toxins build up in the brain tissue it can throw a wrench in the system, causing slower communication and function.
- We will evaluate your body’s detoxification pathways/organs and cleanse them if need be! We can also order lab work to confirm for specific toxic exposures.
- Thyroid Issues (Hypothyroidism/Hashimoto’s)
- The thyroid gland is one of the areas of your body in charge of energy production and metabolism regulation. A.K.A energy production! Thyroid disorders are one of the most diagnosed issues in the U.S, and it’s on the rise! One of the most common symptoms of a thyroid problem is brain fog. Usually hypothyroidism, or under functioning thyroid. This is a condition where your body does not produce enough thyroid hormone which leads to a lack of energy production.
- We will deeply investigate your lab work and evaluate your thyroid function. Many people have thyroid issues but may not be bad enough to get a diagnosis! This is what we call suboptimal thyroid function. This means you have enough of a thyroid problem to cause symptoms, but not enough to be detected by your medical doctor. We will discover the root cause of the thyroid issue and correct it using vitamins, minerals, herbs, and concentrated foods.